Technical Account Manager - Germany
About The Position
We are Guardicore (now part of Akamai!). With our cutting-edge technology and main offices in Tel Aviv (Israel) Boston and San Francisco (USA), we are changing the way organizations manage their cloud and data centers’ cyber security.
We are growing fast and are looking for a Technical Account Manager to work with our strategic customers in Europe. The Technical Account Manager is a Guardicore technical expert who is familiar with the customer’s Data Center and network environments and with the specific Guardicore deployment and hence can be instrumental in the value extraction from the platform.
If you are a highly motivated senior technical expert with a great social repertoire, if you can lead a large deployment process, if you’re able to communicate at different levels and have a deep enough understanding of technology to troubleshoot the obvious but also find deeply rooted problems in complex systems - join the team!
This position is located in the Frankfurt (Germany) area, with on-site customer visits from time to time. As a Technical Account Manager you should be aware of the intricate details of the environments of the customer you serve, have deep knowledge of our application and its internals, be able to define and voice the requirements of the customer and feed them back into Product Management.
- Be the main focal point for all Guardicore related issues from the customer perspective.
- Be the main Guardicore technical resource in front of the customer.
- Aggregate support issues and work them out with Guardicore’s technical teams and the customer.
- Assist with deployments, expansions, transitions etc. of the Guardicore platform.
- Raise product related issues that should be looked at by Guardicore’s Product team.
- Facilitate quarterly business review with GuardiCore R&D and support either on site or via WebEx
- The Technical Account Manager will provide continuous updates and system reviews by updating the customer in the form of weekly updates, monthly case summary reports and QBR.
- Provide Best practice guidance by recommending which policies to apply and which features to configure and use.
- Provide product lifecycle and patch management by educating the customer's team about new features and enhancements and create an appropriate upgrade plan. The Technical Account Manager will also assist with educated choices on when to apply the latest patches based on how the system is deployed.
- Performance monitoring and check-ins: Performing weekly checks to determine how well the systems are running and what improvements can be made via configuration changes or tuning. Scheduled archiving, purging and reporting jobs are checked regularly to ensure that they are not failing.
- Help assess security incidents during business hours when asked by the customer (note: the Technical Account Manager is NOT providing 24x7 SOC analysis services but rather can help on a best effort basis).
- Active deployment, upgrades, configuration & customization, including provisioning of additional sensors in the customer environment - to continuously adapt the Centra™ platform to changes in the customer’s environment.
To be successful in the strategic role, you should be easy to adapt and keen to learn new things in a high paced environment, but also know when to ask for help! You should have very strong communication skills, ability to maneuver in a complex organizational setting and be able to push forward and manage projects.
You also need to have:
● Deep hands on experience with advanced Linux administration
● A thorough understanding of network protocols and basic troubleshooting on network devices, OSs, and overlay networking experience is a major plus.
● Automation with Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible, multiple is a must.
● Scripting fluent in at least one language, preferably Python.
● Experience with API integration.
● Experience with managing, monitoring and troubleshooting complex distributed applications is a big plus
● Understanding of VMWare networking and VSphere is a plus.