Director of Machine Learning
About The Position
Guardicore is a segmentation company disrupting the legacy firewall market. Our software only approach is decoupled from the physical network, providing a faster alternative to firewalls. Built for the agile enterprise, we offer greater security and visibility in the cloud, data-center and endpoint. Our customers are some of the world's largest and most advanced Enterprises.
Guardicore Labs is the research arm of the company, a global team of hackers & researchers, delivering cutting edge cyber security research and providing analysis, insights and response methodologies. We help Guardicore’ customers and the security community to continually enhance their security posture and protect critical business applications and infrastructure.
As Guardicore’s Director of Machine Learning, you will be responsible for designing and building Guardicore’s platform as a service product supporting:
- Exploration and research of novel data products.
- Productionalizing and maintaining data applications to extend Guardicore’s core products offerings with new and improved capabilities.
- Lead a small but growing team of software engineers, data scientists and subject matter experts that develop data science and machine learning based products.
- Work closely with product managers and technical leadership team to enhance both current and future novel consumer facing products.
- Act as a sounding board and technical architect for the team members.
- Help develop the strategy, technical vision and roadmap for the data platform as a service
- Grow and retain a diverse team by providing technical ,mentoring and career growth opportunities.
- Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and integration.
- +5 years of experience building and architecting large scale, production quality machine learning based systems
- Knowledgeable about Scalable ML data management, monitoring, development, deployment and frameworks, e.g tensorflow, pytorch, Kubeflow, TFX
- +3 years of experience as lead for design & development of data orchestration infrastructure built using large scale distributed cloud based systems, ideally using GCP.
- Experience with designing and creating data-centric RESTful APIs and services
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching machine learning engineers, data scientists and data engineers
- Strong knowledge of containerization, Kubernetes and cloud based orchestration technologies (GKE, AKS, Cloud Run, etc)
- Experience with Big Data technologies and storage systems to support batch and streaming pipelines processing e.g. Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Apache Beam, Hive and other frameworks.
- Deep understanding of Data Quality/Metadata management and semantic datastore
- Cybersecurity & computer networks background is preferred