Python Lead Developer
About The Position
We are Guardicore (acquired by Akamai). With home bases in Boston, and Tel Aviv, we’re a global team of innovators passionate about security, and hungry to make an impact. We’re changing the way organizations protect their data centers and clouds from advanced threats – and that starts with our people. Our team boasts some of the most talented and experienced cyber security and data center experts in the field. Not to mention the Guardi-dogs. We’re always looking for new people to challenge us, inspire us, and make us better.
We are growing fast and looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our Solution Center group, leading design, development and delivery of exciting tools for our strategic customers around the globe.
The main responsibility of the Solution Center Python Lead Developer is to design and develop automation tools and solutions which smoothly integrate the Guardicore platform within the customers overall ecosystem, accelerate workflows and boost customer’s satisfaction and value gained from the solution. The Solution Center Python Lead Developer will lead the team, work in cooperation with Guardicore’s various Operations teams as well as with customers around the globe to deliver this exciting value!
To shine in this position you will need to be creative, wise, passionate for problem solving, use great verbal and written communications skills and flawlessly manage and execute diverse development tasks.
- 4-5 years experience with Python
- Experience and motivation to mentor team members and manage the projects’ tasks
- Previous experience in E2E design and implementation of features as part of large scale projects
- Experience developing web applications in Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- In-depth knowledge in Networking, Operating Systems is an advantage
Hands-on experience with the following is an advantage:
- Scripting in Bash / Shell / PowerShell
- Developing using the Django web framework
- Developing / deploying / operating security software or networking equipment
- Administration of VMware and/or Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Config management automations (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation etc.)
- Working with Elasticsearch, MongoDB