Security Product Manager
About The Position
Who are we? We are Guardicore (now Akamai!) we’re changing how organizations protect their data centers and clouds from advanced threats – and that starts with our people. Our team has some of the most talented experts in the field. We’re always looking for new people to challenge us, inspire us, and make us better. We solve a few of the most complex technological problems out there and build the market’s most comprehensive Data Centers cybersecurity solution. SCmagazine described Guardicore as a “5 stars, no Weaknesses product”. We work in small teams to allow each to make a real impact on our future product.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to play a key role in our product development and GTM efforts. As a Product Manager, you should lead building a world-class product, how to communicate that to one of the world’s top enterprises, and how to see it through a successful launch. In this position, you will help drive growth by defining products, features and making sure it is tuned to the market and to our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with customers to understand their challenges and requirements.
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
- Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and product strategy.
- Gather and synthesize requirements to define a compelling product.
- Balance business and user needs with technical constraints - discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommending alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet objectives.
- Work closely with the R&D team on implementing concepts into amazing products
- Maintain a strong understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
- Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize the product.
- Ultimately, be awesome at understanding what and how to build things people need even if they don’t know it yet.
- 3 years of Product Management experience with a successful company in the security software field with a proven track record.
- 5 years of experience in Cyber Security domain
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong technical background - A MUST
- Relevant knowledge of security, public and private cloud related technologies