For Data Center Operators, software-defined segmentation delivers major operational efficiencies, a significantly improved Security Posture for themselves and for their customers, and the ability to capture more revenue through new services and core data center service offerings.
The majority of data center operators use conventional methodologies to segment key Operational Technologies (OT) from key internal data center infrastructure. This in itself is a significant operational challenge that is not easily addressed.
On top of that, data center operators are responsible for separating internal systems from customer environments, as well as the logical separation between individual customer environments. Traditional tools and methods to achieve this level of segmentation results in ongoing and increasing operational challenges, inefficiencies, and risk. For data center operators managing across multiple, multi-tenant data centers, these issues are exacerbated.
Should you be giving software-defined segmentation a closer look?
This white paper will delve into:
- Why legacy segmentation methodologies (i.e. VLANs) cause significant operational overhead, inefficiencies and risks for data center operators.
- How a software-defined approach to segmentation provides a highly efficient and effective way to separate Data Center OT from internal IT systems, internal from customer environments, and logical isolation between customers.
- How to implement 3rd party access controls which are common with OT, to protect the entire data center environment
- How to reduce the attack surface and minimize the risk associated with a breach for the Data Center Operators and for their customers.
- Why the right level of visibility provides operational efficiencies and creates an opportunity to drive adoption of core data center services business.
- How software-defined segmentation capabilities can be leveraged to establish new service offerings and revenue streams.
Software-defined segmentation provides a smart approach to segmentation that is hybrid, adaptive, accurate and flexible. Settling for anything less limits the benefits of this future-focused technology. Begin your journey to full data center visibility, simple and easy to manage policies and controls, while setting your business apart and driving more revenue.